gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Early plant deliveries

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Ellen Zachos <ez@acmeplant.com>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Early plant deliveries
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:28:00 -0500

I'm with Andrew on this. Mail order companies should be aware of the temperatures of the zones they ship to. There's no way that Michigan in March could be ready to plant, is there? Here in NE PA we've still got 6 inches of snow on the ground. Go on the record w/your dissatisfaction, then pot up and keep them as cold as possible, an unheated garage, or maybe even a closed-in crawl space.

Ellen Zachos