gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Early plant deliveries

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Early plant deliveries
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:06:25 -0800

Be prepared to see the prices of the plants go up, possibly by a lot, then. Holding orders until the proper planting date for the recipient takes more expense in tracking the planting dates for the zone, in extra storage space, and extra labor. Shipping as soon as the materials can be assembled is one way to make sure that it's fresh for the customer. Having to hold it longer means the stock is apt to suffer molding, spoilage, etc.
It may be too early for you, but at least the company is trying to get fresh stock to you in good condition.
-Lon Rombough