gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g]Deerbusters/Plantskydd

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Jo Ellen Meyers Sharp <hoosiergardener@earthlink.net>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g]Deerbusters/Plantskydd
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:58:23 -0500

Don't know about Deerbusters, but people around here who've used Plantskydd are thrilled with the results.

Plantskydd comes from Sweden, is made of natural products (bovine) and doesn't have to be applied after every rain. Usually lasts two to six months in the garden, longer in field use at nurseries. The people I'm tracking say it discolors plants initially, but it wears off in a few days.

They say it's effective on rabbits and deer. The Sweds use it to repell moose and elk.

The theory is that deer (and rabbits) are herbivores and are not interested in plants that smell like meat. (www.plantskydd.com)

I'm not a saleperson for the product. Just want to pass along what I've learned.

jems

Has anyone had experience with Deerbusters' Systemic Pellets? According to promotional materials the pellets are absorbed into the roots, stems and leaves of plants and give them a deeply bitter taste which repels deer and lasts for three years.

Or know what the main ingredients are?

--
Jo Ellen Meyers Sharp
Garden writer, speaker, photographer