gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Shrubs for birds

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Stephen Lamphear" <stephen.lamphear@comcast.net>
  • To: "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Shrubs for birds
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:51:41 -0700

Melanie

You've made a good start.  Viburnum tinus is evergreen, as is Mahonia and both provide berries.  Rhodies, and Pieris are evergreen as are many Azaleas, though none of these provide food sources for birds.

Are you looking for conifers when you say 'evergreen'?

Stephen Lamphear, Seattle, Zone 8b
Published as "The Lazy Gardener" by Robinson Newspaper Group