freetds - Re: [freetds] OSX PHP freetds MAMP install question...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT t-online.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] OSX PHP freetds MAMP install question...
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:31:26 +0200

On May 11, 2010, at 16:06, Cole McDonald wrote:

> I very specifically see this:
> http://www.yafiunderground.com/Files/phpinfo.doublet.html

This is most peculiar, because as far as your phpinfo() output is concerned,
the mssql extension should have loaded just fine.

In the case of the error message you found "PHP Startup: Unable to load
dynamic library
'/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/mssql.so'"
there shouldn't be any output from the module.

It's as if the mssql module is loaded properly when you access the phpinfo()
page, yet fails when you are loading your test script.

Looking at your phpinfo output though, I think the cli SAPI php should be in
/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5.

So open Terminal and see what

/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/php -m

says.

There either should be an error message at the very beginning, or the mssql
module appearing in the list.

Also check what your mssql.so is linked against:

otool -L
'/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/mssql.so'

> MAMP is an application that makes install of the LAMP world (but Mac
> rather than Linux) easier for the user (me) who would rather not have to go
> through the rigamarole of building and compiling everything anymore...

That's all well and understandable, it's just that Apple already ships PHP
and Apache with every copy of Mac OS X, and MySQL server with Mac OS X
Server. These third-party wonder packages just replace far more than they
needed to, complicating your setup by having multiple copies and versions of
various things on your system.