freetds - [freetds] OSX PHP freetds MAMP install question...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cole McDonald <knightscape AT charter.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] OSX PHP freetds MAMP install question...
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 15:03:39 -0500

I'm working on getting freetds installed into my MAMP services. I've gotten the freetds0.82 built and in the right places ( I think - *nix/ BSD installs are more complicated than I'd like them to be ). I'm running php 5.2.11 on OSX 10.5.8 on a Powerbook G4.

The MSSQL configuration options show up in phpinfo(), the mssql.so file is in place in the MAMP Library directory. The php.ini file has the extension added, but php doesn't show mssql as a loaded extension.

I followed the instructions at: http://sc0ttdav3y.blogspot.com/2008/02/connecting-to-ms-sql-server-from-php.html where I'm also asking questions of the author. I did have to change the no-debug-etcetera directory to match the one I had in my system.

I've got an MSSQL database I need to be able to cross-reference with a local database (which will be mysql). This installation has my development stalled.

I'll gladly answer any questions that will help get to the bottom of this installation problem for me (and hopefully for others as well).

Cole McDonald