freetds - Re: [freetds] OSX PHP freetds MAMP install question...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Luciano Pacheco <lucmult AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] OSX PHP freetds MAMP install question...
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 22:58:28 -0300

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Cole McDonald <knightscape AT charter.net>wrote:

> I'm working on getting freetds installed into my MAMP services. I've
> gotten the freetds0.82 built and in the right places ( I think - *nix/
> BSD installs are more complicated than I'd like them to be ). I'm
> running php 5.2.11 on OSX 10.5.8 on a Powerbook G4.
>
> The MSSQL configuration options show up in phpinfo(), the mssql.so
> file is in place in the MAMP Library directory. The php.ini file has
> the extension added, but php doesn't show mssql as a loaded extension.
>
> I followed the instructions at:
> http://sc0ttdav3y.blogspot.com/2008/02/connecting-to-ms-sql-server-from-php.html
> where I'm also asking questions of the author. I did have to change
> the no-debug-etcetera directory to match the one I had in my system.

Last week I have tested FreeTDS in MacOSX too.

You can verify your FreeTDS compilation and configuration with a command
line tool from FreeTDS.

Here https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2010q2/025839.html is my
command line to test, I suggest you to configure a connection in
freetds.conf that is more easy to setup some options.

If you need any help to run tsql (the command line tool), please write here.

[]s,
--
Luciano Pacheco
blog.lucmult.com.br