freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.83.dev.20100507 and Visual Studio 2010

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Paul Thurston <pthurston AT netegrate.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.83.dev.20100507 and Visual Studio 2010
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 04:34:40 -0700

The stable build of version v0.82 does compile, almost right of the box.
Some minor adjustments are needed (add some dblib.lib, libTDS.lib to linker
input for FreeTDS.dll project).

However, that's not the real problem with v0.82. The real issue is that
Winsock is not being initialized properly in this build.
After I applied the INITSOCKET() patch as described, the Windows build of
v0.82 works.