freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.83.dev.20100507 and Visual Studio 2010

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Paul Thurston <pthurston AT netegrate.com>
  • To: Harry Sfougaris <hsfougaris AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.83.dev.20100507 and Visual Studio 2010
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 05:19:56 -0700

Harry:

I found the Windows bug in the FreeTDS Library. This is the same issue I ran
into over a year ago.
The problem is that Winsock is not being initialized in FreeTDS v0.82.

I patched the code and have place a good 64 bit build at :
http://www.netegrate.com/index_files/download/SqlServer/

By the way, if you'd like to patch the code yourself and do your own build,
just do the following:

Source File: net.c

Function: int tds_open_socket(TDSSOCKET * tds, const char *ip_addr, unsigned
int port, int timeout)

Add to Line 201: INITSOCKET();

Best,

Paul