freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.83.dev.20100507 and Visual Studio 2010

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Harry Sfougaris <hsfougaris AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.83.dev.20100507 and Visual Studio 2010
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:46:21 +0300

> I don't understand all problems you had...
I don't either :)

> at the end I got all compiled libraries.
I haven't managed to successfully compile neither 0.82 or 0.83. With a few
tweaks I did, but the resulting libraries were unusable...
Paul was kind enough to send me compiled 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the
libraries (0.82).
32-bit works fine, but with 64-bit I am unable to connect (it crashes when
trying to create the socket).
This is under Windows 7 64 bit, with Visual Studio 2010.

> lib files are usually not compatible between compiler versions. C DLLs
> are compatible (you can build a dll with MingW and use with VC++) but
> is not easy to produce import libraries from DLLs (import libraries
> are necessary using many compiler environments).
This is going to be the biggest challenge for me.
I need to use them with Qt, which uses mingw under Windows, and since mingw
cannot compile the source I guess I am stuck...

I guess now would be a good time for me to switch to postgres :)

Thanks,
Harry