freetds - Re: [freetds] tsql works, unixODBC's isql doesn't

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dan Wierenga" <dwierenga AT valueclick.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tsql works, unixODBC's isql doesn't
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:23:02 -0700

Hi Joel,

I've no idea if this is your problem, but something that tripped me up
was that unixODBC seemed to want my local odbc*.ini files to be writable
at all times. Since I don't leave files writable by default (an
artifact of using Perforce as my source control) it couldn't/wouldn't
read my local files. I set my ODBCSYSINI environment variable to point
at my local configuration files i.e. /home/dwierenga/conf/odbc instead
of the system ones in /etc/. It seemed to be happy with the "system"
ini files to be readonly and thereafter I could connect via isql.

HTH,
Dan