freetds - Re: [freetds] Unicode: Need for a DSN parameter to define the charset

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Unicode: Need for a DSN parameter to define the charset
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:47:30 -0500

Sebastien FLAESCH wrote:
> Anything I need to known to create a patch proposal?

Universal diff against CVS HEAD is best unless the patch applies only to a
branch. See also doc/CodingStyle.

The more work you do to make the patch apply cleanly and to adhere to the
style, the less work is left for us. That makes us happier! ;-) But
I've never turned down a patch for bad formatting; I just clean it up and
apply it.

> Just created an account at sourceforge, did a cvs checkout with
> anonymous user...

Excellent!

> Should I send the diff to this mailingt list when done?

It's a little better to upload the patch to SF, where it won't get lost
and where people can see it. But if you're paying attention and you know
we're looking for it because it addresses something recently discussed
here, then just posting it to the ML is fine.

The main difference is that patches queue up at SF and don't get lost.
Whenever one of us has time, we clear the queue. If it's posted to the
ML, it's a good idea to monitor its progress and to post a reminder if you
don't see some kind of action in a week of so.

Welcome, Sebastien! We look forward to your patch.

Regards,