freetds - [freetds] Unicode: Need for a DSN parameter to define the charset

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Unicode: Need for a DSN parameter to define the charset
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:53:13 +0100

I was wondering why the "client charset" configuration parameter was not
supported in the ODBC DSN options...

For now I use an "ODBC-Combined" configuration, but it's a bit annoying to
define params here and there.

Actually I like the "ODBC-Only" configuration, so it would be nice to have
all freetds.conf possible parameters in the ODBC DSN definition.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
Seb