freetds - Re: [freetds] New upcoming release, branch, rc and others...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] New upcoming release, branch, rc and others...
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:30:40 +0100

> ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> > > Instead, let's have a release-by-release scheme.
> > >
> > > ChangeLog: changes in CVS HEAD since the last release
> > > ChangeLog-0.82: changes since 0.64
> > > ChangeLog-0.64: changes since 0.63
> >
> > I mainly split between years cause committing ChangeLog
> every time was
> > starting to be a nightmare...
>
> I know. :-)

Branched. This probably means that you have to change some scripts and
similar.

The problem is that when you split file you loose some CVS history cause
new file don't have all history.
Perhaps is better to start writing a new ChangeLog-0.82 in CVS HEAD and
put a simple line in ChangeLog (that is update ChangeLog-0.82 directly).