freetds - Re: [freetds] New upcoming release, branch, rc and others...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] New upcoming release, branch, rc and others...
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:46:51 +0100

For how long will this RC last before it becomes a GA?

Do you give me a couple of days to report other problems?

Seb

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
I think is time for a RC... step are usually
1- cvs tag -b BRANCH0_XX (should be cvs tag -b BRANCH0_82, Am I right?)
2- update configure.ac changing version to 0.82rc1
3- update userguide.sgml
4- package, publish and announce new version

I can manage steps 1 to 3 by myself.

It's also a good time to start planning for next release!

Ideas/big TODOs:
- support for mssql 2005 (MARS, varchar(max) and so on)
- wide characters in ODBC
- refactor Makefiles using GNU make
- refactor token.c splitting token handling from upper managing
- improve multiple request support by libTDS and upper layer
- limit copy of data

As you can note I have no plans for dblib/ctlib

Frediano Ziglio