freetds - Re: [freetds] SuSE Linux: columns of resultset don't matchforMSSQLServer 2000 - resolved

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Klingler, Karl" <Karl.Klingler AT vsa.de>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SuSE Linux: columns of resultset don't matchforMSSQLServer 2000 - resolved
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 19:42:22 +0100

Hello,

problem resolved - i did the trace - nothing new there, so i began
looking at the views.

The data of the view hds is calculated by using the function
datepart(weekday, x, y) which is not deterministic.
The result of weekday depends on the internal variable @@DATEFIRST,
which is set somewhere during the connect.
@@DATEFIRST was 1 on the windows side, 7 on linux.

After adjusting the code everything is ok.

Thank you,
karl