freetds - RE: [freetds] Server - Problems with TDS 4.2 COLFMT token

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: brian AT bruns.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Server - Problems with TDS 4.2 COLFMT token
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:48:59 -0700 (PDT)

I didn't do any work with the SQL engine. Everything I did was in the
network layer. You could log in with sqsh to postgres, but from there
you had to issue queries in pgsql dialect, not T-SQL syntax.

The TDS stuff was a convenient proof of concept for a project I was
(am) working on (http://opendrda.sourceforge.net).

There was a significant rework of the network stuff in...7.2? 7.3?
don't remember. These days it should be easier to do what I did, I
had to badly kludge the code to handle the result sets because of how
interwoven the network stuff was with the core engine.

Brian