freetds - RE: [freetds] Server - Problems with TDS 4.2 COLFMT token

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Server - Problems with TDS 4.2 COLFMT token
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:11:12 -0400

Brian said:

> I once wired up PostgreSQL (7.0 I think it was, this area has gotten
> at lot of work since then and my patches no longer apply) to use the
> FreeTDS server stuff. I'd love to see some one run with that along
> with the corresponding SQL engine work to give it a "MS SQL"
> personality. Perhaps after I win the lottery and have all day to work
> on these things. ;-)

Did you do anything with handling T-SQL stored procedures? I've been
thinking about writing a procedural language for Postgres to handle T-SQL
(the syntax didn't seem too hard) as a step towards possibly reducing our MS
dependence, but I was dreading writing a connector that could get from the
very cool "FreeTDS as server" stuff being discussed to libpq. I have some
multi-gigabyte databases and a large, clunky app I'm willing to test with,
if we can get all the pieces together.

Paul