freetds - Re: [freetds] Status: 0.62rc1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fds AT axelero.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Status: 0.62rc1
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:23:59 +0100

On Dec 29, 2003, at 10:04, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:

I do have ODBC installed because OS X installs it for you. But I have
done zero setup on it. I have no idea how you account for
that. Apple's
done almost no documentation on it. (And "almost" is being generous,
unless I'm mistaken.)

Current code should configure unixODBC/iODBC while testing however I
don't know which implementation Mac OS X use...

iODBC. Mac OS X 10.3 ships with iODBC 2.1.6, however, I could never get it to work, and I never read about anyone who did. :)
Not just with FreeTDS but MyODBC too.

All the information I found on the net says your first step in getting a working odbc on Mac OS X is to replace the Apple provided copy with an official one from iODBC. That I didn't do as I don't really need ODBC.

--
fds