freetds - Re: [freetds] Status: 0.62rc1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Status: 0.62rc1
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:21:59 -0500

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003, John Gilmore-Baldwin <jbaldwin AT theolympian.com>
wrote:
> Hardware: Powerbook G4 running Mac OS X 10.3.1
>
> To get it to compile, I had to do the following:
>
> ./configure --disable-threadsafe
>
> (without this, it triggered the #error line about gethostbyname_r style
> unknown. I don't recall having to do this previously on OS X, and I
> haven't researched this at all.)
>
> And the old trick with libtool still is required:
>
> edit line 205 of the libtool script in the distribution. take out
> "\$deplibs"

That's documented in the UG, in the MAC-specific section.

> I probably should add --disable-odbc to the configure switches, since I
> don't use ODBC, am unsure how to set it up, and am too lazy to put
> forth the time right now to figure it out.

The threadsafe and odbc options are supposed to be autodetecting. We seek
out functions and test them in the configure script, and, if they work, we
compile against them. I guess the threadsafe test finds threadsafe
functions, but we don't use them correctly (or something). And I thought
we were done. ;-)

Is it the case that you have ODBC installed but not set up (because you
don't use it)?

I should probably make that clearer in the UG.

> Meanwhile, all tests passed (except ODBC, which all failed, but that's
> my own fault).

Great!

> However, I did get many errors in the tests. Don't know if they're
> relevant or not:

No, they're not. Some of the unit test cause error messages to be emitted
as a matter of course.

Regards,