freetds - Re: [freetds] Status: 0.62rc1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Gilmore-Baldwin <jbaldwin AT theolympian.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Status: 0.62rc1
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:31:24 -0800

FWIW, gethostbyname() is threadsafe on Mac OS X 10.2 and later.

<http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2053.html>

I do have ODBC installed because OS X installs it for you. But I have done zero setup on it. I have no idea how you account for that. Apple's done almost no documentation on it. (And "almost" is being generous, unless I'm mistaken.)

Here's a snippet from the configure output (with thread safety enabled):

checking threadsafety... enabled
checking for which type of gethostbyname_r... no
checking for which type of getservbyname_r... no
checking for which type of gethostbyaddr_r... no
checking for which type of getpwuid_r... five
checking for which type of localtime_r... struct

Hope this is of some help. Sorry I'm not doing more analysis myself. I'll poke at it as I can.

John