freetds - RE: [freetds] Domain Login Support, connecting to MSSQL issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "B. Bell" <bradleyb AT u.washington.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Domain Login Support, connecting to MSSQL issue
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 08:51:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Lowden, James K wrote:

> [...]

is this valid syntax for a username? I don't think I've ever seen it that
way before. It looks like a share name (i.e. \\myserver\public)
also, starting with win2k, logins are often written email address-style,
i.e. username@domain or username AT fully.qualified.domain.name

Which brings me to my problem: I have MS SQL server running on win2k, in
a win2k domain. We have no NT workstations in our domain, so all "legacy"
protocols and such have been disabled. Should this be a problem with
freetds?
Whenever I try to get domain logins working, I get the error: "Login
failed for user 'example'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection"
The server is in Mixed Mode, and server logins work fine. (and domain
logins work fine, from win2k workstations)

-brad