freetds - [freetds] Applying Steve Murphee patch (2)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [freetds] Applying Steve Murphee patch (2)
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:25:22 +0200

I'm merging (as fast as I can) Steve patch.
What I merged:
- statistic functions (using new procedure in CVS)
- attribute for environment and connection
- error handling
- native_sql procedure (reused code instead of copying it)
- some SQLGetInfo stuff

It seem that SQLGetInfo information return informations similar to what
Microsoft driver return. This is not correct cause our driver don't have
the same implementation so some information change even for mssql...

My TODO is:
- SQLGetInfo (finish)
- SQLNativeSql
- attributes for statement
- descriptor stuff
- configuration stuff
- other minor (like parameters check)

Note on configuration stuff. Steve patch do such change:
- remove Servername configuration (using FreeTDS). I'll remove this
change cause is not back compatible
- add Host (specify address separate from name of server). I'll see MS
documentation; there should be a different paremeter for this
configuration
- some default (like 4.2 protocol, 1433 for port and others). FreeTDS
has his own defaults. I'll remove defaults from ODBC
- BlockSize. Accepted (perhaps I'll change name if I found a MS one)
- BrokenDates and BrokenMoney. I'll remove. Users should use protocols
7.0 and 8.0 for mssql7 (the problem happen only for early mssql7
versions).
- Authentication. There is already a MS specific parameter...
- Domain. Accepted.
- CrossDomain. I'll remove (not very implemented...)
- DumpFile and DebugLevel. I'll remove
- TextSize. Although is not very useful (it was used to fix some
problems) I'll add it.
- I'll update DSN-less configurations
- declaration for unixODBC are in odbcinstex.h (so "BIG hack" shouldn't
be required)