freetds - RE: [freetds] Problem compiling php with freetds for tdsiconv.h

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Arnar Birgisson" <ArnarB AT oddi.is>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Problem compiling php with freetds for tdsiconv.h
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:12:17 +0000

If I remember correctly I had some problems with that a while ago, that
is, installing tdsiconv.h. Another solution, given that iconv is
installed on the machine, is to define HAVE_ICONV, like this:

# in php source directory
CFLAGS='-DHAVE_ICONV' ./configure <whatever>

I believe this makes freetds look for the standard iconv headers and
skip its own.

Arnar

>>> LowdenJK AT bernstein.com 28.7.2003 20:45:07 >>>

Just today I changed configure.in to generate a configure script that
installs tdsiconv.h. Can you work around the problem by installing it
yourself? It just has to be copied to the same directory as tds.h;
you
could use install(1).

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged
and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or
duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that
we do not accept account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and
therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders and/or
instructions.