freetds - Re: [freetds] unixODBC failing to connect.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Harvey <pharvey AT codebydesign.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] unixODBC failing to connect.
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:11:41 -0700

Brian Bruns wrote:
I think that this just goes to prove that we desperately need a program to test the freetds.conf for validity. This is my next freetds related task. I also need to figure out how to tie in ODBC ini file checking though. odbcinst -j will give us the location of files then we just need to compare that against freetds.conf entries.

The Interbase ODBC driver created by Easysoft is an example of how the ODBC driver setup can be extended beyond the simple stuff supported by default in ODBCConfig. In other words someone using ODBCConfig to setup the FreeTDS ODBC driver could be presented a more comprehensive dialog to handle the complete FreeTDS client config.

Let myself, or perhaps Nick Gorham, know if you need assistance on this.

Peter
BTW: unixODBC has an ini library in it but you may be better off using the Win API for this and not be dependent upon a specific ini library. If you choose a specific ini library feel free to consider libini in unixODBC :)