freetds - RE: [freetds] unixODBC failing to connect.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jeff Honey <jhoney AT psmanagement.net>
  • To: "Freetds Mailing List (E-mail)" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] unixODBC failing to connect.
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:14:24 -0400

Remember that two kinds of people are interested in the FreeTDS project:
those who are SUPPORTING database users and the database users themselves.
Your illustration might go completely over the heads of someone who is a
simple administrator. The existing documentation _does_ spell out the
difference between server= and servername=, I just didn't put two and two
together. Maybe a footnote or comment pointing that out would suffice.