freetds - RE: [freetds] unixODBC failing to connect.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jeff Honey <jhoney AT psmanagement.net>
  • To: "Freetds Mailing List (E-mail)" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] unixODBC failing to connect.
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:49:21 -0400

Indeed. Worked like a charm. Now that I have been "shown the light", looking
BACK at the user guide...I can see where server= is not servername=, *DOH*.
I tried forming a more perfect, freetds.conf-less, odbc.ini file but I was
getting stumped by the servername= and pared everything back to a bare
minimum.

Perhaps a large mallet to bonk the boneheads who can't read ALL the
documentation the first time would prove better instruction? ;-)