freetds - RE: [freetds] How well does FreeTDS scale?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] How well does FreeTDS scale?
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 09:43:37 -0500

Just caught up on the thread. I can confirm that it is the protocol, our
developers using PowerBuilder under Windows (no FreeTDS at all) have the
exact same problem, and often open two or three concurrent connections to
get around it.

In my Perl code, I don't have to worry about memory, so I tend to do a lot
of ->fetchall_arrayref and foreach to avoid nesting. Works great.

I haven't tried it, but I can't think of a reason why you couldn't open two
different handles to the same database.