freetds - Re: [freetds] ODBC Driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Deacon <peterd AT iea-software.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ODBC Driver
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 08:33:51 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

> > With text datatypes there was an off by one.. It would move the value
> > pointer back one making the first letter garbage and exclude the
> > last.
> I didn't follow you...

It's in odbc.c ~1806... On the second pass column_text_sqlgetdatapos was
-1, weird.. didn't really try and follow it.

> > I've always wondered about where SQLStates come from. Sybase stores a few
> > in their sysmessages table however as far as I can tell they don't exist
> > in the MS sysmessages table. Cought the bits in freetds where it can
> > fetch sqlstates from the wire..but it never appears to get called. If
> > sqlstate is not otherwise set added lookup tables for MSSQL and Sybase
> > which map about 150 native errors to SQL States.. Hope this sounds
> > reasonable?

> sql server send sql states itself. Problem is converting odbc2 states to
> odbc3 states..

Did a little more digging.. Microsofts documentation mentions the sql
server driver is responsible for mapping native errors but maybe they
mean /w the help of sqlserver:)

I threw in a v2 to v3 mapping routine that should handle most cases.

BTW included your latest changes /w the diffs.

Have Fun!
Peter