freetds - RE: [freetds] How well does FreeTDS scale?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chad Wagner <vdr781 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] How well does FreeTDS scale?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:26:27 -0800 (PST)

--- ZIGLIO Frediano
<Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it> wrote:
> Currently FreeTDS make a connection for every
> connection.
> Connection pooler do not work very well...
> So all depend on mssql2k.

Since this topic has come up, it doesn't appear that
FreeTDS supports nested statement handles. Anyone
know if that is in the roadmap, or am I just doing
something wrong?

I know this can be done with DBD::Oracle, and in
general with PL/SQL in Oracle (nested cursors).

(DBD::Sybase -- When autocommit is off)
1. Panic: Can't have multiple statement handles on a
single database handle when AutoCommit is OFF

(DBD::Sybase -- When autocommit is on)
2. DBI::db=HASH(0x81b5d44)->disconnect invalidates 1
active statement handle (either destroy statement
handles or call finish on them before disconnecting)

(DBD::ODBC)
3. DBD::ODBC::st execute failed: (DBD:
st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1) at ./test2.pl line 25.

Thanks,

Chad