freetds - Re: [freetds] How well does FreeTDS scale?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chad Wagner <vdr781 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How well does FreeTDS scale?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:00:39 -0800 (PST)

--- "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>

http://www.bitmechanic.com/mail-archives/dbi-users/Nov1998/0340.html

> which left me unsure there's anything we can/should
> do.
>
> FreeTDS's ct-lib implementation has its
> deficiencies, but afaik we don't
> impose any serialism not already present in the
> protocol.

It didn't appear to be limited to ctlib, as the ODBC
drivers seemed to have the same problem. But the URL
you provided is what I was attempting to do. It
returns a SQLExecute failure on the second (nested)
execute.

#!/usr/bin/perl

use DBI;

$dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:ODBC:DSN=mssql', 'sa', '',
{ RaiseError => 1, PrintError => 1, AutoCommit => 0
});

$st_a= $dbh->prepare("
select \@\@version
");