freetds - Re: [freetds] tsql problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tsql problem
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:56:28 -0600

At 1:34 PM -0800 3/12/03, Rusty Wright wrote:
>I'm trying to connect to MS Sql server, version 8.00.760 (SP3), with
>tsql.

snip

> Login incorrect.
> There was a problem connecting to the server

snip

>When I compiled freetds I used the following configure options:
>
> --with-tdsver=4.2

MS SQL 2000 does not speak TDS 5.0 and I don't know if it will do 4.2
either. Try 8.0 and/or 7.0 and see if you fare any better. You may
also want to define the environment variable TDSDUMPCONFIG to see a
bit more about what's going amiss in the login conversation.

It would be nice to get an update to docs/getting_started.txt about
what server products support what TDS versions by one of the gurus
out there who has that matrix in his or her head.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."
Brad Leithauser