freetds - TDS support matrix (was RE: [freetds] tsql problem)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: TDS support matrix (was RE: [freetds] tsql problem)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:25:27 -0600

At 3:05 PM -0500 3/13/03, Lowden, James K wrote:

>The matrix you seek is in the UG http://www.freetds.org/userguide/x574.htm.
>I mean that to be comprehensive and accurate. I see it's not: it implies
>but doesn't state that 4.2 is available on all servers (except ASA). I
>think I'll add a column to Table 3-1 indicating alternatives.

Thanks, James. I'd seen that table and it certainly has part, but
not all, of what I mean. It sort of gives the "favorite" TDS version
for each product (or the new version introduced by the product)
rather than all supported versions. For example, there's no way to
find out from there that TDS 5.0 support was present in MS SQL Server
6.x, broken in 7.0, reintroduced in 7.0 SP2, and officially
discontinued in SQL 2000. I suppose this information could be added
to the comments column, or perhaps there could be a column called
"unsupported TDS versions" since knowing what versions will not work
with any given server may be as helpful as knowing which ones will
work.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."