freetds - RE: [freetds] tsql problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] tsql problem
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:05:45 -0500

I haven't been able to reproduce Rusty's problem. 2000 speaks 4.2:

$ tsql -S nts0090 -UJimLowden
locale is "C"
using default charset "iso_1"
1> version
using TDS version 4.2
1> select @@version
2> go

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.679 (Intel X86)
Aug 26 2002 15:09:48
Copyright (c) 1988-2000 Microsoft Corporation
Standard Edition on Windows NT 4.0 (Build 1381: Service Pack 6)

1> quit

It may have to do with "try domain login" in freetds.conf. That should be
"no" in his case.

> It would be nice to get an update to docs/getting_started.txt about
> what server products support what TDS versions by one of the gurus
> out there who has that matrix in his or her head.

Hmm. Thanks for mentioning it, Craig. Reading that file, I think "rm
getting_started.txt" is the best answer. It's out of date, wrong,
incomplete. I'm sure I'm leaving something out. ;-)

The matrix you seek is in the UG http://www.freetds.org/userguide/x574.htm.
I mean that to be comprehensive and accurate. I see it's not: it implies
but doesn't state that 4.2 is available on all servers (except ASA). I
think I'll add a column to Table 3-1 indicating alternatives.

If you mean something else, please say.

out such orders and/or instructions.