freetds - [freetds] new version numbering scheme affects snapshots

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] new version numbering scheme affects snapshots
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:33:30 -0500

All,

For anyone interested in nightly snapshots, we've started using a new
versioning scheme that might affect your scripts.

Per earlier discussion, the reported version number of FreeTDS in CVS will
be 'freetds-0.xx.dev.yyyymmdd', where 'xx' is currently '62' (and
'yyyymmdd' is the date, of course). When we're ready to release 0.62, the
release branch's version will be just 'freetds-0.62' and the main trunk of
freetds will become 'freetds-0.63.dev.yyyymmdd'.

This means when you unpack last night's snapshot (for example), it will
create a source tree called "freetds-0.62.dev.20030223". That's not the
way things worked a couple of days ago, which is the reason for this
message.

The version number is now written to the log file, too. I hope that will
make troubleshooting a little easier.

--jkl

  • [freetds] new version numbering scheme affects snapshots, James K. Lowden, 02/23/2003