freetds - Re: [freetds] so version bump for dblib?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] so version bump for dblib?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 02:01:19 -0500

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:26:37 -0600, Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
wrote:

> I noticed in one of the previous release emails a mention that the SO
> version had been bumped on libraries in preparation for the release. I
> don't doubt that this is warranted for the constantly-changing libtds
> :), but I don't recall seeing any discussion of backwards-compatible
> changes to the dblib ABI that would demand a corresponding SO bump. Is
> this a "just in case" thing, or can anyone point me to the relevant
> changes that necessitated the increment?

Steve,

Guilty, your honor. Among other things, I added the rpc functions.
Libtool says:

4. If any interfaces have been added, removed, or changed since the
last update, increment CURRENT, and set REVISION to 0.

So, that's what I did. If you want dbrpcsend(), you need this .so, not
last year's.

Nes pas?