freetds - [freetds] so version bump for dblib?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] so version bump for dblib?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:26:37 -0600

Hi,

I noticed in one of the previous release emails a mention that the SO
version had been bumped on libraries in preparation for the release. I
don't doubt that this is warranted for the constantly-changing libtds
:), but I don't recall seeing any discussion of backwards-compatible
changes to the dblib ABI that would demand a corresponding SO bump. Is
this a "just in case" thing, or can anyone point me to the relevant
changes that necessitated the increment?

A cursory examination of changes to include/sybdb.h and the dblib subdir
doesn't show anything that looks like an ABI change, in which case it
would be preferable to not bump the SO version if it isn't really
needed. (Does the change in prototype of dbsetinterrupt() constitute an
ABI change?)

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek