freetds - Re: [freetds] Possible Bug

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Possible Bug
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 01:51:47 -0500

On 03 Feb 2003 19:50:24 -0700, David Owen <dowen AT midsomer.org> wrote:
> I am just trying to test a script I maintain with FreeTDS and am coming
> across a problem. The script extracts the schema from a Sybase server.
[...]
> Secondly, and I know that this is no guarantor of correctness, it works
> with the Sybase libs.

Interesting problem, David. When FreeTDS's behavior deviates from
Sybase's, we normally consider that a bug (or an unimplemented feature).

I'm too tired at this hour to be trusted with a patch. The message seems
to stem from src/tds/query.c:80, in tds_submit_query(). You might want to
add a logging message to there (where you can write the "offending" query
to the log), and perhaps also in tds_client_msg(), in
src/tds/token.c:1529. With those messages in the log, it will be easier
to see where in the great stream of things we get confused.

I can't see anything amiss in the log. It may be we're not resetting the
state correctly when we finish processing the results. Dunno.

HTH.