freetds - RE: [freetds] so version bump for dblib?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Castellano, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] so version bump for dblib?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:08:43 -0500

The following entry points were removed between BRANCH0_60 and HEAD of
libsybdb. By a strict interpretation of rule 6 in the libtool info
documentation, AGE should be set to 0, and we get a major version bump as a
result.

These should have been built conditionally in 0.60 but were built
unconditionally due to a bug:
asprintf
vasprintf

These were exposed portions of the API which should have been (and now are)
private:
_bcp_err_handler
get_server_info
get_size_by_type
send_conversion_error_msg
set_interfaces_file_loc

Since we pull in all of libtds, the following removed libtds entry points
were also removed from libsybdb:
tds7_send_login
tds_add_input_param
tds_alloc_config