freetds - RE: freetds-0.60 + unixODBC + sqlserver2000 + PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Tom Sillence" <tom.sillence AT enfocast.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: freetds-0.60 + unixODBC + sqlserver2000 + PHP
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:57:33 +0100

I have just moved my php code to ctlib (from dblib, not odbc, admittedly).
Everything's pretty much transparent (I was using the mssql aliases for the
sybase functions), apart from one gotcha. That is that ctlib doesn't
implement:

- (mssql|sybase)_min_message_severity
- (mssql|sybase)_min_error_severity
- (mssql|sybase)_get_last_error

which means you need to do one of two things to handle errors:
- stop the mssql functions from printing error messages (prepend them with
@), turn track_errors on and use $php_errormsg (and swallow a small
performance penalty), or
- capture the error messages printed by the mssql functions, which can be
fiddly

Just thought I'd mention it.

---Tom Sillence