freetds - Sybase server crash

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: JKosta AT morrisbart.com
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Sybase server crash
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:13:29 -0500

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been covered before, but I could not find anything
in the archives.

We are attempting to get our Apache/PHP/Linux box to generate dynamic web
pages from data stored in a Windows 2000/Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere
version 7.0.1.918 database.

We are using PHP 4.2.3, Apache 1.3.2, and Freetds 1.5.

Our Linux Kernel is 2.4.10-4GB

When I connect via tsql (from the /usr/local/freetds/bin directory) this
is what I get:

Msg 21, Level 10, State 0, Server , Line 0
TDS: unexpected token 95
1>

So that appears to be working (though I don't know what the "unexpected
token 95" means--perhaps an indication of problems?).

When I connect via PHP, using this file:

<?php
$sybase_server = "***";
$username = "***";
$password = "***";
#

#$link = sybase_connect ($sybase_server, $username, $password)
or die ("Could not connect to $sybase_server");
print ("Connected successfully to $sybase_server<p>");

?>

I get the success message on the webpage indicating the connection has
been made, but the Sybase Server Service on the Windows 2000 box
immediately crashes.

Can anyone give me some pointers on what to look for in the logs, or
tweak?

I am not sure what information would be helpful to people as I am new to
Freetds.

Thanks for your time!

--John Kosta