freetds - Re: help: Sqlserver TDS message type

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: help: Sqlserver TDS message type
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:11:26 -0500

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 11:08:40PM -0400, casper wrote:
> Thanks Steve.u right.
> I'm now using win2000 and SQL2000 Enterprise to get the trace. but not
> every client login with this kind of packet, only a few do so. most of the
> client login with the TDS V7 packet type. interesting? suprising? I have
> checked all the server configurations, but no result.
> Maybe this is V8 login packet, and use encode method.

It is likely that the difference between those clients using 0x10 login
packets and those using 0x12 login packets is that the ones using 0x12
are members of an AD realm, and can negotiate a different kind of
authentication that's not available without Active Directory.

Cheers,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer