freetds - Re: help: Sqlserver TDS message type

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: help: Sqlserver TDS message type
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:53:04 +0200

> Thanks Steve.u right.
> I'm now using win2000 and SQL2000 Enterprise to get the trace. but not
> every client login with this kind of packet, only a few do
> so. most of the
> client login with the TDS V7 packet type. interesting?
> suprising? I have
> checked all the server configurations, but no result.
> Maybe this is V8 login packet, and use encode method.
> I use user sa and null password to login, if u like, please
> let me konw
> the packet structure. Thanks.

I think only ms know the structure.

However as state first two data exchange seem a capability report (supported
in mssql2k), second exchange contain a certificate (this is the reason of
ldap, also you can note that is not coded in ucs2). Other 2 exchange should
contain password and the challenge (crypted)...

At this point anyone know the exchange of data for SSL or other protocol
that use certificates ?

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."