freetds - Re: help: Sqlserver TDS message type

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: help: Sqlserver TDS message type
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:50:05 -0500

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:17:27AM +0800, myqin AT guanghua.sh.cn wrote:
> ok, I have the .cap file. now send it to u .
> the cap file is recorded under Windows with NAI's sniffer pro.

This definitely does not look like a TDS7 trace to me. I assume that
you're using Win2K or WinXP clients? As far as I can see, the traces
don't show any of the signs of TDS7's login protocol, in either server
or integrated auth mode.

Has anyone begun documenting TDS8? This looks very much to me like a
new TDS8-only type of login; I note that there are LDAP URIs amid the
data exchanged, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that one or
more of those blobs is a GSSAPI (Kerberos) exchange.

Thanks for the trace; this will give me something to do for a while...
:)

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer