freetds - RE: Changing return codes from tds_convert()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Changing return codes from tds_convert()
  • Date: 25 Sep 2002 15:07:37 -0700

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 23:12, Thompson, Bill D (London) wrote:
> Nick,
>
> > However, my experimentation with cs_convert() in Sybase's
> > CT-Lib shows that the client message callback is never invoked
>
> I had a quick look at this. The "ct-lib" convert routine is cs_convert(),
> and is actually part of "cs-lib". I Haven't ever really got my head round
> this distinction

This is what allows the Sybase libs to be modular, and allows you to use
the same functions when writing an open server (using the Open Server
libs).

Hence CS-Lib provides support functions (such as cs_convert, cs_calc,
etc), CT-Lib provides the *client* side of the protocol, and OS-Lib
provides the server side.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler / mpeppler AT peppler.org / http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler