freetds - FreeTDS 0.60 & PHP 4.2.3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dustin Marquess <dustin.marquess AT algx.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: FreeTDS 0.60 & PHP 4.2.3
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:32:22 -0500

Hey all,

I've got an interesting problem. We run the Micromuse Netcool management system here, which is pretty much a hacked-up copy of Sybase ASE. I've been using FreeTDS 0.53 with the TDS 5.0 library & PHP 4.x to connect to our Netcool server for ages, and it works great. So first off I have to thank all of you for your excellent work.

I recently upgraded to FreeTDS 0.60 and I noticed that a lot of my pages started breaking. I finally noticed they broke because an extra control character was being added to the end of varchar fields that I SELECT'd from the Netcool server. The extra control character wasn't present on any integer fields, so I'm assuming that the control character is in fact the terminating NULL in the string.

I recompiled my PHP a second time using the old 0.53 version of FreeTDS and things started working again.

I'm using the Ct-Lib interface and not the Db-Lib interface, since Ct-Lib is what the Netcool client itself uses.

I guess the real question is, is this a PHP bug or a FreeTDS bug, and is there somebody easy I can do to get 0.60 to work correctly?

Thanks!
-Dustin

  • FreeTDS 0.60 & PHP 4.2.3, Dustin Marquess, 09/25/2002