freetds - RE: Changing return codes from tds_convert()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Changing return codes from tds_convert()
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:12:42 +0100

Nick,

> However, my experimentation with cs_convert() in Sybase's
> CT-Lib shows that the client message callback is never invoked

I had a quick look at this. The "ct-lib" convert routine is cs_convert(),
and is actually part of "cs-lib". I Haven't ever really got my head round
this distinction, but suffice to say, it seems that cs-library has its own
error message handling/callback , which is distinct from ct-library. More
complications!
Perhaps, you had neglected to set up a cs-library message callback, in which
case, as the manual states:

"If a message callback is not installed and inline message handling is not
enabled, CS-Library discards message information."
I don't know if this changes anything WRT your proposals for tds_convert().
I suspect not.
I just hope we don't have to install another message handling routine.
Oh no, I've just checked and we do. it seems that cs-library callbacks are
set up using cs_config(), which is, ahem, unimplemented in freetds as yet.
Aren't you the king of error handling now Nick ? :-)
Bill