freetds - Re: More on Crash in Python driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dave Cole <djc AT object-craft.com.au>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: More on Crash in Python driver
  • Date: 26 Sep 2002 11:30:39 +1000

Paul> I checked the code. The Python driver has a "HAVE_FREETDS"
Paul> macro, which, in this case, is used to comment out calls to
Paul> ct_diag().

In the earlier versions of the Python bindings to Sybase I used inline
error handling (ct_diag()). This made some things easier as the
context of an error was determined by where in the code the error was
detected.

Since FreeTDS does not have ct_diag() I am now using callback error
handling and can no longer determine error type by where in the code
it is detected.

One day I will figure out a way to map the Sybase error codes to the
full suite of Python DBI exceptions...

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au