freetds - RE: DBLIB Unit Tests failing again

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: DBLIB Unit Tests failing again
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:25:48 +0100

Hi All,

Well off the top of my head I cant explain what's going on here.
However I do know that the bcp function should work in both SQL server 7 and
SQL server 2000

However, I do not recommend using TDS protocol 4.2 for any of the bcp
functions.
It doesn't work, as explained in the manual page for freebcp.

The reason is that the bcp protocol differs radically from Sybase to SQL
server 7/2000, so you have to use a TDS version that directs the software
which method to use. 4.2 is ambiguous in this sense.

I'll have a look at your logdumps though and see if I can see anything else.

Bill