freetds - RE: MS SQLServer 2000 and "for xml auto" command

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: MS SQLServer 2000 and "for xml auto" command
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:39:42 +0100

Guys,

I'm trying to make sense of the conversation between Freddy and Brian
Yesterday.

Do the changes that you have proposed mean that there is no longer a need
for tds_convert_ntext ?
Another way of putting the question:
Is ntext data being "de-unicoded" and turned into normal text data by
process_row() ?

BTW

"column_xtype" went out with by original big bcp patch.
It got replaced by "column_type_save", being the column type sent by the
server.

I just need to know what I should do with the tds_convert_ntext()
function....

Bill